GSET Exam Notification 2017 : Get your registration for GSET Exam Notification now. Candidates are informed that Gujarat State Government is going to conduct GSET Exam for the purpose of checking the eligibility of applied. In order to recruit only capable candidates to fill up vacant profile in Gujarat University or affiliated colleges, GSET Exam will be conducted. Candidates, having requisite eligibility norms can promptly register themselves through registration link and submit online application form before the due date. Applicants to get detail about GSET Exam 2017–2018 and GSET Exam date may go through this page GSET Exam Notification 2017 @ gujaratset.ac.in
Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH / VH / OBC(Cast Certificate along with latest Non Creamy Layer certificate) category must possess Valid Category Certificate and certificates related to PH / VH. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test . In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for leagal action Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that Online Application Form and Examinaiton Fee accepted and Hall Ticket issued to a candidate will not imply that GSET Agency has accepted his / her candidature. Their candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the claims made in their application, after the result of GSET Examination. In the event a candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), he / she will be declared as overqualified in GSET Exam Notification 2017 @ gujaratset.ac.in
GSET Agency will not issue any mark sheet to qualified / not qualified candidates. The GSET Agency will issue certificate to the qualifying candidates only on verification of the Eligibility Documents immediately after the result of the GSET Examination.
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- Exemption from GSET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and Government of Gujarat from time to time.
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of assistant professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.”
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Asssistant Professor / Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Asssistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Asssistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
- KSET will consist of questions from the relevant subjects on the pattern of the UGC-NET.
- Syllabus for Paper I
- Paper I will be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50) questions. In the event of candidate attempting more than fifty (50) questions, the first fifty (50) questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Syllabus for Paper II
- Paper II shall consist of questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each paper will consist of a Test Booklet containing 50 compulsory objective type questions of two marks each.
- Syllabus for Paper III
- Paper III shall consist of questions based on the subjects selected by the candidate. As per the revised guidelines effective form June 2010 by the UGC, New Delhi.
- Syllabus for Paper I
Subjects included in GSET:
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Political Science
- Library and Information Science
- Computer Science and Application
- Physical Education
- Home Science
How to apply For Gujarat SET Exam:
- First of applicants, have to visit the official website that is www.gujaratset.ac.in
- Candidates are required to hit the suitable link.
- Then applicants have to read all the information carefully.
- Then you need to hit on the “Reprint Application form”.
- Then you need to register yourself by entering the registration and date of birth details in an available space.
- Then you need to hit the “Submit” button.
- After that you have to fill the GSET Exam application form.
- While filling the online application form you have to attach necessary documents (if required)
- Then you need to preview of the application form and also take a print out of it.
- At last hit on the “Submit” button.
GSET Exam Test is conducted in the following cities:
GSET Contact Details
GSET Exam Important dates:
- Starting of Online Registration: 29/04/2017 (from – morning 11.00 hrs)
- Starting of Fee Collection: 01/05/2017
- Last day for Online Application and Bank Challan Generation: 08/06/2017 (till – evening 06.00 hrs).
- Last day for Fee Collection: 09/06/2017
- Gujarat SET Examination Date: 27/08/2017